Under The Department of Fair Trading NSW (DFT), it is a mandatory requirement that we comply with:
- Be licensed – http://fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Tradespeople/Electricians.page?
- Comply with the current edition of the Australian Wiring Rules – AS/NZS 3000:2018, and other associated Australian Standards.
- Supply a mandatory Certificate of Compliance Electrical Work (CCEW) for all new work or alterations and additions. This is a mandatory requirement of all electricians working in NSW – http://fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Tradespeople/Electricians/Electrical_compliance_requirements.page?
We go one step further by supplying:
- Written results on the testing that has been carried out on your installation/modification for your future reference.
- We always supply a receipt and a ten year workmanship warranty on all new work, regardless of cost.
Other compliance requirements
Under the current home building laws which commenced on 15 January 2015:
There are a few other compliance issues that a trades person must comply with. They relate to everything from advertising, dealing with customers, to supplying contracts for building works.
If you are planning to engage a tradesperson for your project, it is advisable that you obtain further information from DFT. Please visit – http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/Tradespeople/Building_industry_essentials.page?
#ElectricalWork #Compliance #BadTradie #Electrician #ElectricalCompliance #CCEW