I viewed a unit in Eastwood (in northern Sydney) today to provide advice on an electrical situation; during my inspection I found a switchboard that had recently had a fire. The switchboard had been badly repaired, and the repair work was non-compliant and dangerous. This exposed the tenant to serious safety hazards. I was significantly concerned by what I saw, so much so that I consulted the senior inspectors at Ausgrid for advice.
In WA a young 11 year old girl sits on deaths door due to an avoidable electrical hazard.
Why has this happened, and what should you do to protect yourself and your family.